14 January 2010

People LIVE here! !Que suerte!

I can't believe some people actually live here. They aren't visiting, they aren't staying for five months, they live in this incredible city. It's like living in a fairy tale.

Today we went to El Museo do Pobo Galego and learned all about the history of Galicia, the region in Spain where Santiago is located. Galicia is completely different from southern Spain where I went the last time I was here. It's not what you think of when you think about Spain, but there is so much history and so much culture in Galicia.

The museum is in what used to be a monastery, and it was beautiful. Surrounding the museum is one of the coolest parks I've ever seen, El Parque de Bonaval. We took a tour of the park after the museum, and I took too many pictures because everything I see is photo-worthy.

After the park, we went to a little cafe for drinks and tapas before going to a concert in El Auditorio de Galicia by El Real Filharmonia de Galicia. The music was really good, and there was a student discount, just the way I like it. I love going out with the other people in my class because I learn so much. It helps that they're fun to be around too.

This weekend we're traveling. I don't know where we'll go, but I'm looking forward to it, and I'll be there with my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment