16 February 2010

Santiago Sweet Tooth

Maybe it's a location issue that causes this to stick out to me, but I have noticed there is a high concentration of candy stores in Santiago. The kind of candy stores where everything is in clear plastic bins and you fill a bag full of the delicious, colorful sweets that strike your fancy. I know of at least 3 stores within 100 yards of each other that basically carry the exact same candies, but apparently competition isn't driving anyone out of business. My personal favorite is called Pecados ("sins" in English).

The high volume of candy very close to where I live (and on my way to and from any place I might go) is both wonderful and dangerous. I fear I might develop an addiction that carries over to America where Belmont students have recently opened a new candy store. I may need an intervention when I get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment